Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Drunken Chicken (hic)

This is a favorite recipe handed down from generation to generation. I've modified it only slightly by using skinless chicken breasts and skipping the salt. That's it, and as I'm sure you'll find, the flavors permeate the chicken--you'll never miss the salt. The measurements are loose on this so you can scale the recipe to what you need (isn't this how all Italians do? ;)


Drunken Chicken

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Garlic powder (NOT garlic salt)
Italian seasoning (the variety with no salt)
Black pepper & crushed red pepper to taste
White wine*

Preheat oven to 350F. Arrange chicken breasts in a roasting pan (I usually do around 3-4 lbs at a time, so I have enough to last a few days). Sprinkle both sides with a GENEROUS amount (and when I say generous, I mean generous) of garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Pour white wine into the pan so that it's about 1/2 inch deep. Add black and crushed red pepper to your liking. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, then turn and roast for another 30 minutes or until done.

*I prefer to use Chablis wine (you know, in the jugs) for cooking as it's mild and won't overpower the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment